Sunday, October 19, 2008

Back in Business

Well I believe last time I posted I was up to 227 online. Today I had around 250 after winning a sit and go. I was chip leader in a HORSE tournament and then missed cashing by 10 spots. 180 people entered and I was in really good shape and should have took it down for a 550 dollar first prize. It was a small buy in tournament but somehow I managed to lose my big stack and finish in like 35th. I was tired I think, and might of gotten a little Scotty Ngyuen syndrome going. Sucked. That was yesterday, today I decided to just play 4 tables of 25max No Limit cause I had 250 in my account and had about 10 buy ins. I played a 1000 hand session like I'm supposed to and like I was doing back when I was reporting here and doing a hand of the day and all that. I made about 78 bucks over 1005 hands, and 3 hours. About 28 an hour, and now have 325 in my account. So I've come a long way since I started building a bankroll with a measly 10 bucks a week ago.
Now that I have enough money to 4 table 25 max it should be relatively easy to make larger chunks of money at a time like I did today. So it did take a week to turn 10 into 300+, but you know how it is, you gotta have money to make money. So now that I have something to work with I should get to a G relatively soon, maybe a week. Here is a graph of how my session went. If you can't see it clearly let me explain. The green line rising is basically my winnings rising, and falling is me losing. The left side says money won, the bottom says hands played. The money ranges from -1 (down 1 buck) which was my low point in the beginning, and up 109 which was my high point. The hands range from 1 to 1005. Understand? There are fluctuations, but over time good poker players come out ahead.I was up over a 100 bucks at one point, but finished up only 78. I made one big mistake when my QQ saw a board of 478 and my opponent held 44. I bet big on the flop and he minraised. My first instinct was to fold but I didn't and put the dude all in. He snap called rightfully so with his set. The guy had a big stack and I wound up losing 40+ dollars on that hand. As you see in the graph, the large descending dip at hand 640. Most people go broke with an overpair on that board, and would tell me there was nothing I could do. I am not most people and should have been more careful against a player with a stack that could break me. I am still very dissapointed about the hand. I would of easily made 100 bucks today if not for that foul up. The way my opponent minraised me on the flop just exuded so much strength. I knew I shoulda mucked it even though I held a strong hand. I am so upset with myself.

Either way, 28 an hour ain't to shabby. Tomorrow is Monday so I'm gonna work alot. Mon-Fri I'm gonna try to play 2 different 1,000 hand sessions of what I did today. Should make 600-1000 bucks this week. Just stay off tilt and work hard. I'll have a check sent soon. I'm feeling really good about how I'm playing. Thank God I finally have enough money to play these cash games. 325 online, next stop 500, oh yeah, don't forget to vote on this week's poll, peace out.....

1 comment:

PJ said...

Make that graph bigger you raggedy trilobite.