Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Steady Regression

So yesterday was my 4th day in a row of the new system and I was 3 for 3 going in. I still am batting a thousand as I made a small profit yesterday but it was so insignificant that I'm not even going to post anything about it. I played the 1000 hands, played 4 tables, did the normal routine and only made 22 bucks. Each day since I began my profit has decreased, Saturday was +168, Sunday +140, Monday + 74, and now a dismal +22 on tuesday. Approximately 400 bucks in 4,000 hands. Pretty weak, but I am making money on good days and only winning a little on bad days. This is so much better winning big on good days and losing big every so often. So I think I'm becoming a good online player. I'm contemplating just taking the day off today so I can refresh myself and play more like I did the first 2 days. I'm obviously playing worse each day and with less patience. I had a pretty cold run of cards yesterday to only make 22 bucks but I believe if I played perfectly I coulda won 80 or so. It's all good though cause I'm practicing smart bankroll management and unable to lose more than 5% of the roll in day. When I was playing 25c 50c 6 max it was obvious it was a beatable game when I tried hard so when I can't wait to have the bankroll to be playing 4 tables of that shit.
So I still don't know if I'm taking the day off. I may play a live game at my neighbors later, depends on what happens. I'll definately do well in that. Otherwise not to much to say today, just trying to get to the bottom of this steady regression online. It's a pretty nice problem to have since I'm not losing money online, just trying to figure out how to win more. I'm feeling good. Football is just around the corner. I'm a big Jets fan and am quite pumped with Mr. Favre coming in. Football is one of the most emotional games there is, but unlike poker it actually helps you do better when you get upset. It's a strange coincidence but I actually have the famous David Tyree superbowl catch, and my friends reactions to it, on video. I wasn't to excited because I'm a Jets fan and also because I decided at the last minute not to bet a large portion of my net worth on the Giants. I was thinking about it for a while and had a gut feeling like it was a can't miss bet because of the spread of 12.5 points. I also thought the Giants might win outright. I coulda put like 6k on it but I didn't and I was sick to my stomach the whole 2nd half. You gotta go with your gut! I did not, but check out this crazy video:
Okay it's not that crazy and filmed quite poorly. But if you knew these people it would be funny. Good thing no one actually goes on my site or else I might hear some complaints.

No comments: