Friday, August 8, 2008

Lots of Thinking Done Thinking now just Playing

Allright I'm back on the horse for online poker. I knew I was gonna win a lot today because I haven't played in so long. And like I've said countless times in me blog, its all about playing ur A game and if u play less you can keep up the A game. So I knew for a fact I would do well today. Lets log our data now like we have been. Here's how we looked before today's session began:

Bankroll: 3200 (money on pokerstars + 2 bank accounts combined)
Spending: 100+ (this is the money I have on me + the other money in my account that I am not counting toward my bankroll and will not count toward total wealth since its gonna be gone soon, I have a little over 3200 in the bank, but I round off to the nearest hundred and count that as spending money)
Cashouts pending: 0
Total wealth: 3.2k

Today: 160 (5% bankroll) on Stars/ 4 tables of 10cent 25cent No Limit Holdem 6 max/
Result: 1005 hands/ +168
Data: Increased bankroll by slightly more than 5%, sending 160 to pending cashouts, keeping 160 on Stars account, using 8 dollars to screw around till tomorrow/ 168 bucks in 1005 hands comes out to roughly 17 cents per hand.
Freerolling with 8 bucks, and have increased bankroll by 5%, and have the rest of day off, sweet.
Total wealth: 3.36k

HAND OF THE DAY

My whole cards: Q J of diamonds.

I have a big stack at this 25 max table, maybe like 68 bucks or so. I raise in early position to one dollar and get quite a few callers. The flop comes 9 7 2 with the 2 of diamonds. For some reason I bet into like 3 players with nothing and get 1 caller. The turn comes an 8 of diamonds and now I have a flush draw and an inside straight draw. I decide to bet big like 6 bucks so represent an overpair and get the callers to fold. Even if he calls I have a lot of outs. With the time he took to call I knew he had a 9 for top pair on a board of 9 7 2 8. I know he doesn't have 98 for 2 pair because then he would reraise me all in not fearing I have a big pair in the hole. He is to stubborn to fold and calls my 6 dollar turn bet. (in my opinion you need to raise or fold here, decide whether your top pair is good and make a decision) he opted to call and hope he was good which is a weak play. The river allows me to hit my flush. And it was another 9, the 9 of diamonds! I back into a flush and he makes trips on river. Cha ching, I am on the winning end of an action inducing board or as I like to call it: card combination. If only he had raised me on the turn or folded, he would not be in this perdicament. I am still afraid he might have 9 8 for a full house and I am actually the one on the wrong end of a card combination. But I was fairly certain he had just a 9 cause he moves in on the turn if he has 89. I know the 9 is a sweet card for me cause he cant put me on a QJ diamonds. For all he knew he just outdrew my big pocket pair, whether it was AA, KK, QQ didnt matter. So I bet the rest of his money knowing he'll call with trips. And he does and I scoop a nice pot worth about 75 bucks.

You can learn a good lesson here from both our plays. First, if ur not willing to reraise with a hand that can easily be outdrawn, just suck it up and fold. Don't call and hope, you must raise or fold. I know its tempting to just call and hope cause you know you might be winnings but your not sure enough to fold or raise, but you must decide or your putting yourself in a tough situation where you may have to guess for even more chips on later streets.

And you can learn from my play that you must analyze the hand street by street, decide what your opponent has and make sure you make the correct bet, if I dont put him all in there I'm losing value cause I know that novice ain't laying down trips.

I can keep this up if I don't burn myself out and will be making nice dough. Tomorrow should go all right as well but after like 3-4 days I may start to lose sanity and be forced to take a break so I don't lose back all my winnings. For now we are smooth sailing. Thats why I called this post Lots of thinking done thinking now just playing. Cause I am very prepared and have thought out a solution to many of my online debacles. See Pineapple Express right now by the way. ASAP.

No comments: