Friday, February 20, 2009

Reunions, the Knicks and Sit and Gos

Yeah so I'm feeling good about poker as of late. Making progress, though the amount of money I have is scarce and few, I am still increasing it daily. I started today with 67 buckers and end with 112. Still gonna have to sell my car so I can pay off some stuff off and have spending cash until I build up high enough. I really gotta get that done tomorrow. It's an old car I never drive in case you don't know, lol. I was just reading this and realized how bad that might look. The car just sits there and has to go for many reasons.
I'm pretty much using a 5% rule for sit and gos and a 5% rule for cash games, its tedious and annoying but it works and if I don't stick to it I'm gonna be broke again. So, so, so annoying play this low of stakes. Even more annoying how I've gonna through all this bullshit already and had a bigger roll and ofcourse as soon as I had a few G's I was foolish with it. Now gotta do it again, I swore last time after rebuilding I was never gonna have to do this bullshit again. Ah, maybe next time there wont be a next time, ya feel me?
So I'm looking at my account today with 67 buckers and saying, ok how do I use this measly 67 bucks and make it grow? Well I'm playing 3 dollar fuckin sit and gos all day. U fuckin believe this shit? 3 fuckin dollars little tournys. I won a lot of em today. They start with 6 ppl, and 2nd place makes like 3.50 profit, and first makes like 8 bucks profit. The other 4 lose their money. I believe I won like 4, came in second once, and lost once today. I'm rather good at them. And I played 5c 10c cash games. Fuckin microstakes are so annoying. I was buying in for 5 bucks at each table. I played like 1500 hands yesterday and made like 17 bucks, and 750 hands today and made like 19 bucks. LOL...................
But whatever progress is progress, as long as the money keeps increasing, and the money is managed properly and no bankroll overbetting takes place. A few days back I had a measly 20 bucks, remember? So now I've got 110, lets see, divide by 5%, means I can risk 5.5 dollars at a time, when I hit 125 I can start playing 6 dollar sit and gos and I'll be making 6.50 for ever 2nd place finish, and like 16 bucks for every 1st. And I will continue cash gaming it up. Though I don't wanna play 25 max till I have 40 buyins, aka 1000 dollars, aka one G.
Member back in October when I turned that 10 bucks into a 2 grand? Well shit, 20 has become 110. Soon it will be 200, then 500, and next time I get up to 2 grand, I'm not gonna fuck it up.
I like how things are going right now, I like how I'm playing, I feel like my old self again. I was watching this weeks poker after dark and Taylor Caby was on and the announcer, I can't think of his damn name, and I feel bad cause he's a good player. Damnit. Anyway the announcer informed the audience how Taylor Caby lost his first 35 dollar deposit on pokerstars, or full tilt wherever the hell he plays, but turned his next 35 dollar deposit into 6 figures.
Well If I can turn 10 in 2,000 then I can do it too. I used to not understand how these guys turn 35 bucks into 6 figures. But turning 10 into 2,000 really makes me see. Its all the stuff I was posting about way back in october. Staying off tilt, and continuing to make intelliegent decisions with the money you have. And keep playing your ass off, never slack off. And never overbet your bankroll. I feel great, I feel like I'm back. Anyway Taylor Caby is getting his ass handed to him in this cash game last night, all week pretty much, and he doesn't ever tilt. You can see why he turned 35 bucks into 6 figures. He kept having to fold, but he was pretty much always beat when he did. And he never got frustrated and made any stupid calls. Sometimes you feel like your getting pushed around at a table when you keep losing pots, but most of the time, you were actually facing better hands and have made correct folds the whole time. Remember kids, sometimes your just gonna lose pots, the trick is not to lose more than you should. Because the tide is gonna turn, mathematically it is inevitable. So when you start winning hands your gonna be up that much more cause you lost as little as you could when you were getting shafted. If you go on tilt when your losing and fail to understand sometimes losing is inevitable, you will 3-4 times as much as you shoulda lost. Then when you start winning your not up nearly as much as you should be.
Accept losing at times, know how to lose the right way or you'll never be a winner. Poker wisdon from me. Something I didn't really fully understand until I moved to Atlantic City in February 2008. I calculated that in my 2 months living in AC playing 1,2 everyday I won like somewhere between 5-6 grand. And I should have actually won 8-9 grand, but certain days where things werent going my way I lost more than I should have.

The Knicks make a nice trade. They acquired sharpshooter Larry Hughes from the Chicago Bulls in exchange for Tim Thomas, Jerome James and Anthony Roberson. Losing 3 Knicks that never really played much anyway and gaining a solid scorer. Nice, nice, nice, nice.........
Also sending Malik Rose and cash considerations to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Chris Wilcox.
Malik never really played either. So a couple of nice trades, the Knicks are definately a better team now. And they didn't have to give up any fan favorites. If the Knicks ever traded Nate Robinson or David Lee I would not watch them anymore. I mean I probly would after a few months, but it would really piss me off. Anyway props to Donny Walsh who has been a good GM and I feel he will land Lebron in 2010. Chris Wilcox gives us a shot blocker, which is one thing the Knicks really needed.

I got a message on facebook today from my old roomate and were apparently having an Oneonta reunion. The message was sent to a bunch of my old friends and I'm hoping they will all make it out there when the time comes. I definately will be down for it. I really miss college sometimes and didn't really appreciate it when I was there. Whenever I think about meeting with my old college buddies I always wanna just get wasted drunk. I'm not a drinker at all, and hardly ever drink but just thinking about college, I always just wanna get shitfaced. Strange, I don't know why that is. I'm really looking forward to going back and hope everyone makes it.

Wanna see some ridiculous bad beats aka suckouts I took today? This one isn't a lot of money, but this guy is such a doof. Remember, I play as brezlin. http://www.pokerhand.org/?3884768P

What a donk, lol. Takin it all in stride............. Heres a graph of my progress playing super low micro stakes (5cent 10cent) 10 max NLH. I'm up 47 bucks in 2,500 hands. I'm averaging 9.3 big blinds per 100 hands. 9.3BB/100 is a good winrate. The big blind is 10 cents. So I make about 93 cents every 100 hands. I've played 2,566 hands total. You do the math, I have it all on my poker tracker already. Here's 3 sessions of grinding the micros:

No comments: