Tuesday, June 23, 2009

BREZLIN IS BACK

It happened kinda by accident but BREZLIN is back in action grinding the small stakes on pokerstars. Thats my screenname for those of you who don't follow religously.

Anyway I've been at it since June 19th, and have played every day for the last 4 days. Today and the first 2 days were decent for me. Yesterday I lost a little. Basically what happened was I owed my buddy Derick 50 bucks and he wanted it on pokerstars. I still had some cash from working so I just deposited 60 bucks and sent him his 50. I didn't even wanna play but I had 10 bucks. Obviously your not gonna cash out 10 bucks so ya mine as well lose it and have fun.
(when I say you mine as well lose it, I mean it doesn't really matter how good you are, just that 10 bucks is too short a bankroll to really do anything with regardless of who you are)

I shortstacked a 25 max buy in table with my 10 bucks figuring I would lose it. I ran well enough to turn my 10 into 30. Then I did the same b4 bed and picked up another 20.

So the next day I have like 50 bucks and I actually don't wanna lose it cause now its something. I mean 50 bucks is still nothing but I make 100 dollars for delivering coffee all over New York for 8 hours, and 50 is half that. So if you look at it that way, I don't like losing anything over 30 bucks. Like if 25 dollars fell outta my wallet I wouldn't be to upset, but anything over 30 it starts to get annoying.

So I played lower stakes, a 10 max game with my 50 and somehow make 50 dollars at 1 table. Sick. I play again later that night and win another 30.

Now I'm up to like 130 something from 10. Nice.

Yesterday I played all day and lost a little bit, mostly from screwing around at 10max. I just can't take that low of stakes seriously. I was down a lot after starting the day with 130 and then switched to 25 max so I can take it serious. I won all my money back playing 4 tables of 25 max and broke even for the day. I took some really horrible suckouts to cost me dearly and would have been up big if some of my hands had held up. It was an unusual amount of bad luck yesterday.

Tonight I decided to play another session of 4 tables of 25 max. I wanted to plug up some of my leaks I had been thinking about. For one, I am embarrassed to say I have areal big problem with checking how much I am up. I can't stop looking at my bottom line and seeing how much I've won, and when I downswing from my previous high point I always feel like shit even though I am up a lot since the session began, when I downswing from my highest profit level I still feel like I'm losing, even though I'm not.

You should not be worried about what your up or down, swings are inevitable, you should just be worried about making the right decision, regardless of the outcome. If you always make the right decision, the money will come, it just takes time. Worrying about every little swing will only drive you mad. Even someone who can see through cards would have downswings, you can't let it get to you. Its gonna take time for you to make profits. I know this, I've said it 4 million times on this site but yet I still have a problem with checking my bottom line all the time. I'm telling ya it doesn't do anything positive for me.

So I decided to make another rule for online poker to go with many others I have. The rule is that you can only check what your up once every 1000 hands. And I also made it another rule to not use the chat box, not even have it visible, cause I hate to admit this too but when someone tells me they hope I die cause I won a hand off them, even suck out on them, it does semi tilt me.

So I played tonight with these two things in mind and added them to the rules. I must say it helped as I played some superb poker. Very concise and calm. My A games remained through 1300 hands and there were only a few very slight tinges of tilt. I probably only made about 100 mistakes the whole time when I usually make 250-300.

(Normal people make about 1000 mistakes in this period of time, you would be amazed at how complicated and multilayered NLH is, no one, I mean no one plays perfectly)

So I pulled in another 67 bucks tonight for a 3 hour session. I was up 100 but was sucked out on for 30 bucks on one of the last hands I played.

Copy and paste: http://www.pokerhand.org/?4394788P

Did you see it? I could have flat called the flop to see if a club comes, but that's not my style, I'd rather just ship it all in and be a big favorite to win a huge pot. Turns out I'm a 57% favorite, my opponent with just a 43% chance. He was lucky enough to catch a club on the turn and I lost a huge pot. I could have been up against AK as well if he had the same hand as me. He could of had it with the K of clubs and be freerolling against me. I guess I could of been more prudent and played the hand a little more conservative. But I know I have him beat and I put him on exactly the hand he had and felt I had to ship it in. I did get the money in a favorite, he did suck out, so I guess I'm happy. Next time I would like to be a bigger favorite than 57% though to ship in that much money.

So anyway, I'm up to a little over 200 on stars now after starting with a measly 10. Even if I lose the 200 I really only invested 10. So its all good. Nice to be back, I have felt like I've been ripping off my audience for a while now since I haven't been playing or talking poker. So here check out this GRAPH:

That was June all stakes I've played, some 10 max, some 25 max. Here's a look at June, just 25 max:
I'll be playing 25 max exclusively till the end of this month and then consider my options. In 9 hours of 25 max and a total of 2,783 hands I am up 182 dollars. So that's 19 dollars an hour and
13 big blinds per 100 hands. However 2,783 hands is not a very large sample size. If I can keep this up for 30,000 hands we can talk. So the Brezlin challenge begins...........

I'll post a graph after each session, and then after 30,000 hands we can see where we stand. Lets hope I make it, 200 dollars is still not a sufficient enough bankroll to be 4 tabling 25 max, but whatever, still gonna play 27, 217 more hands and see what my win rate is. I have some crazy bankroll management ideas I will discuss tomorrow that will make you think I"m nuts. If I do lost the 200 I can always do this experiment in the future anyway. Peace out all.

2 comments:

Tomasz Mlynarski said...

13 BB per 100 is pretty sick, but it does seem like you stepped into an upswing. I'm at 4.5 for the month. I would consider 8+ to be crazy good (by my standards anyway).

Frank said...

yeah, 13 bb per 100 aint gonna hold up. its like when a baseball player is batting .500 for the first month of the season, he'll come back to reality in time.

I'm gonna do the whole 30k hands and then see what my BBper100 hands really is. I can't wait to finish.
And yeah 4.5 over a month is real solid, good job.